PASS OUT OF ROTATION
When a player has passed out of rotation and the call is cancelled, the option in Law 29A not having been exercised, the following provisions apply (if the pass is artificial see C):
RHO’s Turn to Call
When a pass out of rotation is made at offender’s RHO’s turn to call, the offender must pass when next it is his turn to call and Law 72C may apply.
Partner’s or LHO’s Turn to Call
- When the offender has passed at his partner’s turn to call, or at his LHO’s turn to call if the offender has not previously called, then:
- Offender’s partner may make any legal call at his proper turn, but Law 16C2 applies.
- Offender may make any legal call at his correct turn and:
- When the call is a comparable call (see Law 23A), there is no further rectification. Law 26B does not apply, but see Law 23C.
- When the call is not a comparable call (see Law 23A), offender’s partner must pass when next it is his turn to call. Laws 16C, 26B and 72C may apply.
- If the offender has previously called, a pass out of rotation at offender’s LHO’s turn to call is treated as a change of call. Law 25 applies.
When Pass Is Artificial
When a pass out of rotation is artificial or is a pass of an artificial call, Law 31, not Law 30, applies.